GetActive offers 1-to-1 training for people who want to start a fitness regime or achieve and maintain a healthy weight and lean muscle mass with healthy mobility in the joints and healthy posture. Through constant research and updates on the latest techniques and fitness training methods, this enables us to develop a more personalized program that fits your lifestyle and fitness level. We do include Yoga, Pilates and Exercise Therapy into the program where we see the fit with certified professional partners. Essentially we want to help you gain good daily functions with good health and longevity through our exercise, guidance and sharing of knowledge.
Want to have personal training with a certified trainer but don’t want to him or her have too much attention on just you or want to exercise with your friend/s, this is the solution! Whatever you and your partners goals are, whether it’s losing weight, getting healthier or starting a regular workout regime, you can enjoy working out in a with a partner or in a small group.
Partner or Small Group Training Classes enables us to:
- Pay individual attention to each person
- Monitor the progress every step of the way with proper workout progressions
- Ensure that goals are achieved in a fun and highly motivating environment
- Make it Effective and Affordable
Exercise for People with Medical Condition
As an ACE Certified Medical Exercise Specialist (CMES), we hold expertise in creating programs for pre and post-natal clients, and preventive programs for post-rehabilitative clients recovering from cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic and musculoskeletal conditions.
We have the knowledge and understanding on:
- Common medications used in the treatment of diseases and dysfunctions, along with side effects.
- Common diagnostics tests & the skill in designing exercise programs based on the results and / or physician recommended parameters.
- Exercise progression from the hospital to rehabilitation to mainstream fitness settings.
- Psychological implications related to disease and disability and an ability to empathize with clients who are struggling with their personal health challenges.
- Detailed knowledge of appropriate health and fitness goals (e.g: blood glucose level, joint functioning and range of motions, appropriate body composition) and the knowledge and skill to help clients progress towards them.
Most importantly, we have the knowledge and skill in developing safe and effective exercise programs as well as to modify programs according to the challenges faced by our clients.
We are bridging the gap between physiotherapists and personal trainers
We now know more about how a body moves more than ever before.
Our rehab trainers are able to:
- Conduct assessments and introduce the next action plan for clients with injuries. Our trainers are aware of the boundaries between PT & Physiotherapists, giving clarity to the different professional roles in the different stages of injury.
- Screen clients using postural and bio-mechanical assessments allows each client to have unique programs implemented for them that addresses their specific muscular skeletal needs.
- Treat injuries and pain safely and effectively by using practical skills and knowledge about the movement the body.
We have the skills and a whole toolbox of ways to recognise, understand, deal with pain and to help guide clients through to recovery, and get results! Rehabilitating from sports or non-sports injury is crucial so that we have a fit and happy lifestyle, even during older age.
Have a niggling injury and unsure how to fix it? Do you have a niggling pain in any of these areas lower back, neck, shoulder, elbow and knees? Speak to one of our trainers now.
GetActive Sports Performance, paving the way to improving athletic performance.Sports Performance is all about improving your performance in your sport, whether you are a weekend warrior or a full time athlete. Our focus is on the fundamentals which are essential for performance. Thus a lot of emphasis is placed on training the core, which is made up of the shoulder, torso and hips. This is the hub of every movement imaginable.
Every athlete who walks through our doors will go through:
- 5 strength training phases along with movement training which focuses primarily on the biomechanics of movement.
- Energy system development program to increase functional capacity.
- Regeneration and nutrition are two other huge focuses. This is essential to continuously maintain training intensity and volume to meet the high demands of your sport.
With the integration of movement, strength, conditioning, regeneration and nutrition, our Sports Performance approach to training is nothing but holistic.
- Risk of injury is drastically reduced
- Longevity as an athlete will increase
- Optimum performance is delivered
GetActive Sports Performance has a network of international resources, including performance coaches and athletic trainers.
Our coaches are constantly keeping updated with latest findings on performance training coming from various certification backgrounds.
Athletes will not only experience a transformation, but also learn valuable lessons in performance training.
Corporate Health Programs
As part of our initiative to increase awareness on exercise and its benefits, GetActive offers a comprehensive list of corporate wellness programs.
We run programs that run as short as a day or as long as six months. Depending on the company’s goal outcome, we will propose an appropriate program.
The key objectives of the program are to:
- Communicate the benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle by incorporating exercise and good nutrition.
- Illustrate how to keep fit and healthy.
- Promote better mental stimulation and concentration by improving energy levels.
- Increase a company’s productivity by having healthy employees who take less medical leave due to ill health.
- Enhance the perceived value of employee compensation and benefits program within your organization and increase employee loyalty.
- Establish team building qualities.
Some of the clients of our Corporate Health Programs are:
Procter and Gamble, Plus Berhad, ING, GlaxoSmithKline, Digi Telecommunications and others