Knowledgeable and Skilled
GetActive Sports Performance, paving the way to improving athletic performance. Sports Performance is all about improving your performance in your sport, whether you are a weekend warrior or a full time athlete. Our focus is on the fundamentals which are essential for performance. Thus a lot of emphasis is placed on training the core, which is made up of the shoulder, torso and hips. This is the hub of every movement imaginable.
Every athlete who walks through our doors will go through:
- 5 strength training phases along with movement training which focuses primarily on the biomechanics of movement.
- Energy system development program to increase functional capacity.
- Regeneration and nutrition are two other huge focuses. This is essential to continuously maintain training intensity and volume to meet the high demands of your sport.
With the integration of movement, strength, conditioning, regeneration and nutrition, our Sports Performance approach to training is nothing but holistic.
- Risk of injury is drastically reduced
- Longevity as an athlete will increase
- Optimum performance is delivered
GetActive Sports Performance has a network of international resources, including performance coaches and athletic trainers.
Our coaches are constantly keeping updated with latest findings on performance training coming from various certification backgrounds.
Weight training is a common type of strength training for developing the strength and size of skeletal muscles. It utilizes the force of gravity in the form of weighted bars, dumbbells or weight stacks in order to oppose the force generated by muscle through concentric or eccentric contraction.
Strength training involves the performance physical exercises which are designed to improve strength and endurance. It is often associated with the use of weights but can take a variety of different forms.
This type of fitness is a health-related component of physical fitness that is brought about by sustained physical activity. A person’s ability to deliver oxygen to the working muscles is affected by many parameters, including heart rate, stroke volume, cardiac output, and maximal oxygen consumption.
We are bridging the gap between physiotherapists and personal trainers
We now know more about how a body moves more than ever before.
Our rehab trainers are able to:
- Conduct assessments and introduce the next action plan for clients with injuries. Our trainers are aware of the boundaries between PT & Physiotherapists, giving clarity to the different professional roles in the different stages of injury.
- Screen clients using postural and bio-mechanical assessments allows each client to have unique programs implemented for them that addresses their specific muscular skeletal needs.
- Treat injuries and pain safely and effectively by using practical skills and knowledge about the movement the body.
We have the skills and a whole toolbox of ways to recognise, understand, deal with pain and to help guide clients through to recovery, and get results! Rehabilitating from sports or non-sports injury is crucial so that we have a fit and happy lifestyle, even during older age.
Have a niggling injury and unsure how to fix it? Do you have a niggling pain in any of these areas lower back, neck, shoulder, elbow and knees? Speak to one of our trainers now.
exercise with medical conditions
As an ACE Certified Medical Exercise Specialist (CMES), we hold expertise in creating programs for pre and post-natal clients, and preventive programs for post-rehabilitative clients recovering from cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic and musculoskeletal conditions.
We have the knowledge and understanding on:
- Common medications used in the treatment of diseases and dysfunctions, along with side effects.
- Common diagnostics tests & the skill in designing exercise programs based on the results and / or physician recommended parameters.
- Exercise progression from the hospital to rehabilitation to mainstream fitness settings.
- Psychological implications related to disease and disability and an ability to empathize with clients who are struggling with their personal health challenges.
- Detailed knowledge of appropriate health and fitness goals (e.g: blood glucose level, joint functioning and range of motions, appropriate body composition) and the knowledge and skill to help clients progress towards them.
Most importantly, we have the knowledge and skill in developing safe and effective exercise programs as well as to modify programs according to the challenges faced by our clients.